It is true, that when you think casual one tends to relax a little and allow oneself some leeway in choosing what to wear.
But let’s face it, if you’re a man who likes to dress and keep up with trends…then no matter where you are, it matters how you wear your clothes to match the attitude and persona you walk out with.
So in this article we will delve a little on the very basics of casual wear for every man to know.
First, the Fit & Style
- The Fit irrespective whether casual or formal still matters… and while it doesn’t need to be snug it should still be well – fitted to your body. Make sure there are no poofy shoulders or long-tailed shirts or baggy around the waist.
- The sleeves can be short, or rolled-back style.
- Collar that is button down…loose enough for a finger to slip in.
- A round bottom that allows for the shirt to be tucked out when required .
Second, Colours, Patterns and Fabrics
- Light Linens, an oxford and a flannel in addition to a white cotton shirt are a must have for every wardrobe.
- Stripes with button down collars paired over jeans and a blazer is a perfect casual ensemble… just remember the thinner the stripes the more formal it gets. Candy, Awning, Bengal are your go to for casual shirts
- While Madras, Tartan plaid, mini checks are perfect options for your checked casual shirts with tan chinos or denims.
- Then there are other casual patterns like geometric figures, polka, a touch of florals (not too many)
Third, How to style it
Look 1 – Shirt over a tee – Get yourself a nice lumberjack plaid left open over a white or rust tee (colours of autumn) paired with dark denims and boots.
Look 2 – White rules – A white button down, round bottomed oxford shirt with rolled-up sleeves paired with a pair of navy chinos and loafers.
Look 3 – the Jacket – A solid mandarin collared shirt or a stripes teamed with a sports jacket and denims and espadrilles perfect look for a casual evening out.